03/01/2009

Inspiration Creation...

As promised, this is my inspiration for the following creations. This a top of my daughter's that I was folding the other day.

So I have recreated it into a layout and a card. This first layout is of my Son and Daughter on Christmas morning. I have used non-traditional Christmas colours and lots of hand stitching. (either I had had too much to drink on New Years eve, or I was just completely bonkers.) As I don't stitch on my layouts (normally). I have used Primrose from Fleuriste by Cosmo Cricket and some scraps from Prudence by Crate Paper for the journalling blocks, some Prima collage flowers, Embroidery thread (all six strands) and pearls from KaiserCRAFT. Thats it. Easy.
The card is made using some of my stash (scraps) and I have taken the design literally. The orange heart, I have used dimensional magic and beads, glitter on the pink heart, brads on the teal heart, a Basic Grey button on the green heart, stitched on the black, cuttlebug (swissdots) on the yellow and stamped on the purple heart. All on a piece of 'Morning Glory' cardstock. Then just a simple stamped sentiment on the bottom right.


PS; the stitching on my layout does not come from a template, it is my own design and I used the kids' spirograph to draw the outline of the flower first. TFL:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome LO Julia...love ya stitching indeed. Wow! Now off I go to find some new year inspiration too

Jane Ettia Jones said...

love the layout and card it's gorgeous