05/08/2008

Time to Unwind...

Now that the sale is over, I have a little bit of time to slow down a little. I have put in quite a number of hours during the last couple of weeks. Even to the point where I have had my DH picking and packing orders into the night. So now I can catch up on a little creative work for me!!.


This first one is a layout I have completed using KaiserCRAFT Rough & Tough range of papers, along with a few 'extras'. It is about life long friendship.



A couple of cards, which I have really been into lately. Again inspiraed by Melissa Philips. I just love her work. Lots of layers, and glitter!!. Oh how I love glitter. The first card I have made I have gived my Cricut a workout and cut some flowers out of transparency. Also used it to cut the swirls and flower. I have used Inque Boutique Stamp from the 'Birthday' set.




You can find their lovely stamp sets here http://retailer.inqueboutique.com/product/?id=454





The second one I have used the KaiserCRAFT clear stamp (Circles) to make this card, along with just some scraps, calico, and the bird is hand cut and glittered.



This last one is of just a simple exploding box and matching card, for my Grandmother who has a birthday this weekend. I have used the Two Scoops paper for this as well as Bazzill Blossom (4.5" and 2.75") plus my own stash again. The butterfly is again handcut and layered on top of some Green Tara flowers.

It will nearly be time to get some tea so will leave you with this quote.

Cherish your family. For they are your treasure. A storehouse of riches. Wealth beyond measure.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure have been busy then Julia - must be a good feeling to be getting back into your own crafty stuff.

Nic said...

boy your sale must have had you burning the midnight oil - but its obviously got your creative mojo flowing too!! Love that rough n tough range!