21/08/2008

A layout for under $10

Julia challenged us this month to do a layout for under $10. I must say I found it hard as I like to use alot of little things on my layouts. A few brads here, some chipboard alphabets, ribbon and flowers and so forth. When I added up what I paid for some of my layouts I got a little fright! But in saying that a pack of brads may cost $8 but 100 brads will grace many layouts. So when I broke down the cost is wasn't actually that bad.

The costings for my Bike Buddies layout was
2 x Bazzill cardstock $1.98
2 x Fancy Pants papers $3.60
1 sheet Maya Road chipboard $1.50
Ric Rac $1
American Crafts Thickers under $1 (for 4 letters)
So total was around $9.00

I cut the flowers and word 'buddies' out of patterned paper scraps which is a great way to keep the cost down a bit. There is a thread on the forum for money saving ideas for your layouts so make sure you check it out and let us know your ideas aswell.

Just over a week left to get your layouts uploaded for the monthly sketch. Some great layouts there so make sure you're in to win!

1 comment:

Julia Ryder said...

Fantastic Brenda, yet another lovely layout.