24/09/2009

Top Tip Thursday...

TOP TIP: This weeks top tip focuses on balance and eye appeal. This will apply to scrapbook layouts and cards. The general rule of thumb for balance on a layout or card is to have all your elements in threes. So to apply this to a layout look at my 'Believe' layout.


I have used THREE base colours and I have THREE major embellishments (the vine, the tree and the word believe). You may not be able to see this detail, but I have also used three red pearls on the flowers of the vine.


This rule can also apply to a card. So lets take a look.


Notice how I have used three satin flowers in a cluster, plus again I have three major elements (the bunch of flowers, the circle embellishment and the tag,) and each draws the eye to the next element. Not so obvious is the colour combo that I have used. (the blue, fawn and the white of the vellum.) There is also the three different embellishments, (the flowers, ribbon and button).

This rule however does not always apply, but it is usual to use ODD numbers of elements. So five will work too.

No comments: