06/01/2008

Worst Fears.....(Almost)

My worst fears were almost realised yesterday afternoon. It was hot here again in sunny Nelson, so I took the kids down to the school pool for a swim. The session started out great, until Emma, who was in the toddler pool fell and hit her mouth on the side of the pool. I immediately grabbed her and thought oh no teeth. As always in the mouth it bled profusely. I panicked, Jaden started crying and Emma was hysterical as you can imagine. Once I got her home and upon closer inspection and advise from the duty nurse, all was fine. She has severely bruised her top gum, but luckily missed all teeth. WOW what a day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that would have been so scary! I'm so glad that no teeth were knocked out. My 2 front teeth were knocked out when I was 3, and my mum still finds it hard to talk about it! I had no front teeth for 3 years!

Carol said...

Aww poor weee might, i know what you mean about all the blood it does scare you, my son got clobered with a spade on the head by another kid when he was young, he looked awfull the blood was runing down and driping of his face and hair, it turned out he didnt need stitches but had a very sore head. Looked like something out of a horrer movie. Hope shes felling better.Its a natural reaction to freak out, im fine with other kids (keep my cool) but you get so emotional when its your own.